SDCCS Linda Vista Campus Student Absence Verification
All absences must be verified by a parent/guardian within 3 school days of the last day of the student’s absence. Absences remaining unverified after 3 school days will be recorded as unexcused. Absences not defined as excused in the CA Education Code Law (Ed. Code 46010, 48205) will be recorded as an unexcused absence. Filling out this form is not an automatic excused absence.
Examples of types of absences from the Attendance Policy
- Student illness with a contagious condition, temperature over 100, vomiting or diarrhea
- All day medical or dental appointments
- Attendance at a funeral service of an immediate family member
- Religious observance
- Justifiable personal reasons with principal approval
- Family vacations/out of town without prior approval
- Appointments other than medical/dental
- Transportation Issues (traffic, car trouble, missed the bus)
- Parent/sibling/other family member sick
- Absences for which no reason is provided
Please fill in the form below completely or call the SDCCS Office (858-496-1613) to report a student absence. (One student per form).