EDP Enrollment is open for the 2019-20 year!
Apply for EDP Enrollment:
To apply for enrollment in EDP please fill out the application.
EDP’s Mission Statement
To offer a quality before- and after-school childcare program that is based on the same cooperative philosophy employed by SDCCS which provides a safe, supportive environment for students and encourages parent participation.
EDP offers a balance of creative recreational and educational activities designed to encourage social, emotional and academic growth for all students.
The parent is a partner in ensuring the well-being of his or her child(ren). Program staff relies on the parent for emergency and other information about the child and family. Open communication and completion of appropriate forms are required for this purpose. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that information provided is correct and updated as changes occur.
EDP maintains an approximate ratio of one staff member for every 20 children.
- Provide quality childcare on or near the school site for children attending SDCCS.
- Provide an environment that is safe and well supervised by qualified staff.
- Provide a balance of educational and recreational activities to meet children’s needs and interests.
- Offer subsidized services for eligible families, and offer non-subsidized care at competitive rates.
- Maintain enrollment according to admission policies and wait list priorities, and to clearly inform families about program policies, due process, and civil rights.
- Maintain staff policies which promote staff development and program effectiveness.
- Provide developmentally appropriate curriculum that encourages growth and positive self-esteem.
- Provide opportunities for parent involvement and education.
- Any school day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 6:30 am to 8:00 am & 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Any school day Thursday from 6:30 am to 8:00 am & 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm
(Please be aware that we do have a late pick up policy that you will be charged $1 per minute you are late)
- EDP Costs $1.90 every 15 minutes used per child.
- Nobody will pay over $550 a month per child to use our program even if the hours your child attends EDP exceeds that price
- We are able to provide EDP services at reduced rates for approved families.
Having a billing system that reflects the exact time that a student uses the EDP program makes checking in and out extremely important. Knowing when a student checks in and out keeps our computer system, and all staff informed on exactly who they are supervising and will keep your bill as accurate as possible. If a student does not get checked out they will be charged for the entire EDP day. All students that used the EDP program will receive a bill at the end of every month. Bills will be sent by email and can be paid online or in the schools office by check, cash, or credit card.
For more information contact:
Joalicia Johnson, Extended Day Program & Recess Supervisor
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org / (619) 549-5496 – Extended Day Program Phone